POLICIES and PRACTICES
At Spectra we respect your
privacy, so we developed the Spectra Privacy Protection Policies and
Practices to specify Spectra’s guidelines for the collection,
use and disclosure of your personal information.
The Spectra Privacy Protection Policies and Practices were developed to
comply with the relevant portions of the Personal Information
Protection and Electronic Documents Act (Canada). We drafted
these policies and practices to facilitate our compliance with this
legislation and to demonstrate our commitment to protecting your
We want you to understand the purposes for which we collect personal
information. We also want to make certain that we have your consent to
continue to collect, use and disclose your personal information for
The following is a brief synopsis of our privacy policies and practices:
Why do we need to collect
your personal information?
As a Spectra Client, we may have collected and/or we may collect some
basic information about you. We respect your privacy, which is why we
collect personal information only for the following purposes:
- To respond to your requests.
- To ship products to you.
- To improve our products and services for you.
- To tell you about Spectra (newsletters, etc.).
- To inform you about additional services, products or
promotional offers that may be of interest to you.
- To solicit your interest in our products and services.
- To survey your satisfaction.
- To survey your needs and potential interest in future
products and services.
- To enter you into a contest.
- To process credit card payments for transactions you
- To deal with other customer-relationship-management
- Also, when you visit our website(s) certain technical
information may be collected to improve our website(s) and to make them
more responsive to your needs and interests, including your computer's
IP address, the type of browser that you use and the web pages or files
that you access.
What is personal
Personal information for the purpose of these policies and practices
includes information that identifies you, as an individual. For
example: your name, home address, home phone number, your personal
email address, or your personal credit card number.
Personal information however does not include information that is in
the public domain, nor does it include business contact information
such as your name, your position in the company, company phone number,
fax number, address or email address.
When do we disclose
There are circumstances where we may need to disclose some personal
information about our Clients. Here are some examples:
Spectra will not sell, share or disclose your personal information with
any other third parties without first obtaining written permission.
- To satisfy legal or regulatory requirements.
- For purposes of risk management or credit
verification and reporting, we may exchange information with reputable
reference sources and credit bureaus.
- Spectra may contract the services of mass mailers or
survey service suppliers and provide them with contact information.
- An investor in or acquirer of Spectra may need access
to such information as standard due diligence in such a transaction.
- Spectra’s external accountants may be given
access to personal information to perform their consulting, accounting
or auditing services.
- To resolve a processing issue with your credit card
company regarding a transaction that you have authorized.
How do we protect
your personal information?
In order to protect your personal information, Spectra :
Note that Spectra’s web site may contain links to other web
sites. Spectra is not responsible for the privacy policies and
practices of other web sites.
- Will not collect, use or disclose your personal
information for any purpose other than those identified above, except
with your further consent;
- Will protect your personal information with
appropriate electronic and physical security safeguards;
- Will protect the confidentiality of your personal
information when dealing with other organizations by executing, where
appropriate, Spectra’s Personal Information Protection
a) Personal Information
Protection Agreement – Service Suppliers
b) Personal Information
Protection Agreement – List Suppliers
- Will strive to keep your personal information as
accurate and up to date as is necessary for the purposes identified
- Will honour any request you make for access to your
What are your
We would like to have your consent to collect, use and disclose your
personal information for the purposes identified above. However, you do
have choices and can refuse or withdraw your consent as follows:
However, in either case, this may limit or curtail our ability to serve
- You may refuse to provide your personal information
- You may also withdraw your consent at any time,
subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice.
If you have any questions or concerns about our personal information
management system, please contact the Spectra Privacy Officer at
. Otherwise, by you providing
Spectra with personal information, we will assume that we have your
consent to collect, use and disclose it for the purposes identified
above and in a manner consistent with The Spectra Privacy Policies and